Virtual Dairy Skill-A-Thon
May 30 @ 8:00 am - October 20 @ 5:00 pm
Virtual: Open from May 30th – October 20th, Online.
**** To Qualify for the $100 as part of the Dairy Youth Incentive – You MUST have completed the virtual or the in person Skill-a-Thon by 4:00 p.m. August 2, 2023. *****
- Skillathon Link
- This is intended to serve as practice for youth interested in the Ohio State Fair Skillathons.
- This may also be used to replace requirements for county fair skillathons (please check with your fair for requirements).
In-Person: Tuesday, August 1st, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm, Voinovich Livestock Center Mezzanine (2nd floor)
2023 Skillathon Stations
- Virtual: Dairy Characteristics & Selection, Mammary Function & Dairy Products, Anatomy & Physiology, Health & Treatment
Resources to Study
- Dairy Resource Handbook
- Ohio 4-H Dairy Cattle Resources
- 2022 – GPPs 7, 8, & 9 from QA study guide
- Milking Center Wastewater Management
- Milking Procedures Affect Milk Quality
- Silage Safety
- Manure Scoring
- Design of Curved Cattle Corrals, Yards, Races, and Chutes