Here is where we will keep you up-to-date on the latest Ohio Holstein News! There will be more added in the future: calendar of events, annual meeting information and sale information. So, check back often.
Click below to view article:.
Click on the name below to view obituary.
Ohio Holstein Association Fall Tour and Sale
- A large crowd was on hand for the Ohio Holstein Association Fall Tour and Fall Sale held on Saturday, November 16, 2019 and hosted by ST Genetics at their Heifer Center located at 11000 Huntington Road, South Charleston, Ohio.
- $40,000 was the price paid for Lot 1, Furnace-Hill Doct Evie-ET, born 6/5/19. She has a +2864 GTPI and is sired by Kingemerling Helx Doctor-ET. Purchased by ST Genetics, Navasota, Texas, she was consigned by Heistand Farms LLC, Manheim, Pennsylvania.
- Selling for $16,000 was Lot 3, Ri-Val-Re Rome 4542-ET born 9/23/19 with a +2841 GTPI and sired by S-S-I Bg Frazzled Rome 14192-ET. She was purchased by Oakfield Corners Dairy, Oakfield, New York and was consigned by Blood Dairy, State Center, Iowa.
- $13,000 was the price paid by Joel Krall, Lebanon, Pennsylvania for Lot 2, BGP Yolo Mallory 845-ET. Born 7/5/19 she was sired by BGP Yolo-ET and has a +2856 GTPI. She was consigned by Bovine Genomic Partners, Belding, Michigan.
- Lot 4, Ri-Val-Re Riveting 4563-ET born 9/8/19 with +2865 GTPI and sired by S-S-I BG Frazzled Riveting-ET sold for $9,000 to Oakfield Corners Dairy, Oakfield, New York. She was consigned by Blood Dairy, State Center, Iowa.
- Selling for $7750 was Lot 6, Aardema Solution Dolly-ET, born 6/30/19, sired by Fustead S-S-I Solution and with +2845 GTPI. She was purchased by ST Genetics, Navasota, Texas and was consigned by Twin Ridge Genetics, Jerome, Idaho.
- The Ohio Holstein Association consignments sold as individual lots in the sale. The 22 individual lots sold for an average of $6530. Six embryo packages averaged $2632.
- The ST Genetics consignments sold as group lots with from 1 to 5 animals in each group. Calves from 3 months and open heifers up to 12 months sold for an average of $801 each. Bred heifers averaged $1614 each. Cows averaged $1692 each.
- Consignments were sold to Texas, New York, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Maryland, Wisconsin, Kentucky, Indiana, Ohio and Pakistan.
- Auctioneer was Randall Kiko, Salem, Ohio. Daniel Brandt, Annville, Pennsylvania, read the pedigrees and managed the sale. Chad Griffith, Bethel, Ohio took the bids on Cowbuyer. The Ohio Holstein Association thanks ST Genetics and Paul Detwiler, General Farm Manager for the ST Genetics Ohio Heifer Center, for hosting our Fall Tour and Fall Sale.